Indian Council for Historical Research via its notification invite application for Senior Academic Fellowship and Post Doctoral Fellowship. Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for Fellowships of ICHR. Duly filled application forms should reach the undersigned on or before 13.03.2018.
Number of Fellowship
- Senior Academic Fellowship: 10
- Post Doctoral Fellowship: 10
- Senior Academic Fellowship: Senior scholars who have publications in the form of books and papers in professional journals related to history
- Post Doctoral Fellowship: PhD or have done equivalent research work of merit in History
- Senior Academic Fellowship: INR 44000 + Grant of INR 44000/annum for 2 Years.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship: INR 30800 + Grant of INR 22000/annum for 2 Years.
How to Apply
- Eligible and interested scholars may apply in prescribed application form. Click here for application form.
- A detailed synopsis (Five copies) on the proposed research topic should be submitted (both soft copy & hard copy) along with the application and requisite documents/certificates.
- The applicant should attach self attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, research experience and signed copy of check list etc., and to be sent by post to the following address:Member Secretary
Indian Council of Historical Research No. 35, Ferozeshah Road,
New Delhi – 110001.
- Also, soft copy / electronic copy should be sent through email to email@example.com for Post Doctoral Fellowship and email to firstname.lastname@example.org for Senior Academic Fellowship.
Mode of Selection
- On the basis of the experts’ assessment (if recommended), selected candidates shall be required to make a presentation for half an hour on the proposed subject of research.
- The award of the Fellowship will be decided by a Committee of specialists, on the basis of the experts’ evaluation of the proposal and the presentation made by the candidate.
- The award of PDF will be through a presentation followed by interview to be held at ICHR offices and date & venue will be announced in the website.
Fee for application is INR 300.