The SBI Youth for India Fellowship is a 13-month long experience in rural development. The SBI Youth for India fellows work on diverse projects in 12 broad thematic program areas, which cover the entire gamut of rural development.
The Program seeks to help India secure an equitable and sustainable growth path by:
- Providing educated and passionate urban Indian youth with an opportunity to touch lives and create positive change at the grass root level in rural India
- Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development.
- Promoting a forum for the Program alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional life.
SBI Youth for India Fellows come from diverse educational, cultural and professional background. Some of our fellows have studied from prestigious institutions like IITs, IIMs, UC-Berkeley, etc. Few of them have work experience from eminent organizations like TCS, Thomson Reuters, Reliance Industries, etc
Eligibility for SBI Youth for India Fellowship
- Young Professionals or Fresh Graduates
- Age 21-32 (as on date of commencement of programme)
- Indian citizen
Screening and Shortlisting
- Apply online at this page.
- Interested candidates have to register and fill the form.
- Shortlisted candidates are notified on an ongoing basis during the application period.
- We continuously engage with shortlisted applicants over an online forum to get to know them better as well as clarify their doubts regarding the Fellowship.
Short-listed candidates are called for interview rounds held across major cities in India.
Final Selection and Background Research
- Candidates selected post interview will be notified via e-mail and/or SMS.
- On confirmation, candidate will be sent the offer letter specifying details of the programme, fellowship support and terms and conditions of the fellowship.
- He/She will also have access to further material about the programme areas of our partner NGOs. This will help candidates to decide upon preferred NGOs
- Stipend: Rs 15,000/- to meet living expenses
- Local Transport Allowance: Rs 1,000/- per month
- A Readjustment Allowance of Rs. 30,000/- upon successful completion of the Fellowship
- To and fro travel costs of the Fellows from his/her place of residence to project location as well as for training programmes
- Medical Insurance
- Mentorship by experienced professionals in the field
- Access to the Community through well-established Partner NGOs
- Linkages with premier organizations of the country