15 March 2018 - 18 March 2018
BioBuzz TECHKRITI 18 IIT Kanpur 2018
BioBuzz is a special addition to Techkriti this year. It provides the platform where your start-ups/ individuals or organizations from bio-domain can find its foundation. This is your first step to turn ideas on paper into reality. This is a unique chance to seek advice, mentoring, funding and networking. Our judges are successful entrepreneurs, investors and academia who have immense experience in respective domain. Winners will get an on-spot incubation opportunity in the state of the art incubation centre at IIT Kanpur in addition to equity less funding for the project. Creative business minds in Bio-domain is only the eligibility criteria. Don’t miss the opportunity.
We encourage proposals in the area of MedTech, BioTech, Healthcare, Diagnostics, NanoBio, Agriculture, Environment, Import substitution and Bio related IOT, ML, AI
Round I: Submission of Executive summary.
Submit your ‘EventName_Executive Summary_PROJECT NAME_LEADER NAME.pdf’ file to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Executive summary will be judged by in-house selection committee for Round 2. Only selected candidates/team will be called for the event at IIT Kanpur)
Round 2: Pitching
Closed door (10-12min) presentation in front of judges followed by Q&A.
Note: Round 2 will take place here at Techkriti’18 and teams should come to IIT Kanpur. Date and timings will be communicated through email.
1. All participants are required to send the Executive Summary.
2. The Executive Summary should not be more than 3 e-pages.
3. A photo-identity proof has to be submitted for all the participants.
4. All the documents should be converted to PDF and then mailed to email@example.com as a single e-mail
5. Entries need to have an innovative value and/or market (an innovative idea provides a solution for a new need, or advancement compared to existing products, services or technologies).
Any further change in guidelines will be mailed accordingly.
Note: Participants should follow the guidelines strictly. In case of any dispute, the final decision will be in the hands of Bioincubator, IIT Kanpur.
1. Individuals/start-ups/researchers/students (UG/PG) across the country are eligible to participate.
2. Individual participation is allowed however team participation is encouraged.
3. Entries must be the original work of participants i.e. team members competing must be the principal owners of the venture.
4. In case any kind of plagiarism is found, Bioincubator, IIT Kanpur reserves the right to disqualify the team.
A. Originality of Idea
B. Feasibility of the business model given the market opportunity and the venture.
C. Scalability, in terms of the potential for growth and replication of the venture. Well-conceived implementation plan and timetable.
D. Overall likelihood of achieving demonstrable results.
Evidence of demand for the venture in the marketplace; market size and growth opportunity.
The need of the product to society. (If this fills any gap, then what is it?)
Demonstrated knowledge of target market
Competitive analysis, SWOT analysis
Marketing Plan addresses (wherever applicable): positioning, pricing, advertising, promotion, packaging, timetable.
Outline the development of systems to track, monitor and assess the performance milestones articulated in venture plan.
3. Financial Aspects
A. Fundability: The potential for the venture to receive financial support from additional investors/donors(including opportunities for funding from foundations, social venture funds, angel investors and venture capitalists)
B. The rigor and feasibility of the venture's financial model and goals
C. Potential for follow-on funding to grow the venture through self-sufficiency or profitability.
4. Risk Assessment and Contingency Plans
A. Identify risk factors associated with the enterprise and external environment. Develop a plan for mitigating them.
B. Risk Management and techniques to be used in case of emergency threats.
5. Demonstrated Leadership Ability
Quantify venture leader's ability to develop people, promote change and achieve results.
1. It is mandatory for participants to register online.
2. Entries submitted after the deadline shall not be considered.
3. Entries need to have an innovative value and/or market (an innovative idea provides a solution for a new need, or advancement compared to existing products, services or technologies).
4. The confidentiality of the entries/ ideas is guaranteed.
5. The registration form and entries of the teams shall not be returned and their personal data will remain available only for statistical purposes.
6. Entries remain the property of their legal owner.
Note: Participants should follow the terms and conditions strictly. In case of any dispute, the final decision will be in the hands of Bioincubator, IIT Kanpur.
contact no: 91 512 259 6299,
email-id: firstname.lastname@example.org ,