Buzz Write-Year will witness an amalgamation of three rounds, ready to test your know-how of the world of literature, and your writing dexterity.
The three rounds are:
1st Round: BUZZINGA (The Literary Quiz)
2nd Round: BUZZ WORDS (The Spell-Bee Competition)
3rd Round: TO BEE OR NOT TO BEE (Six-Word Stories)
The winner will be rewarded with prizes and certificates, but hey! This is our effort to promote the writing culture of the university. So, it's a win-win because, winner or not, at Buzz Write-Year everybody will have something to gain!
AND, the best part is, this is an OPEN literary competition, which means, literary enthusiasts of ALL ages irrespective of any school, college or workplace (even retired) can participate!
To infinity and beyond!
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
BUZZINGA (The quiz competition):
1. Team size: 2 (Participants without a team partner shall turn up on the day of the event and he/she shall be provided with a partner).
2. It will be a written round.
3. Cross teams are allowed.
4. The decision of the quiz-master will be final and will not be subjected to any change.
5. The participants shall not be allowed to use mobile or other electronic instruments.
6. Audience shall not give any hint or clue to the competitors.
7. Replacement of any participant of a team is not allowed after registration.
8. Teams selected for the first round will be allowed to participate in the next rounds of the event.
BUZZ WORDS (The Spell Bee Competition):
Round 1 (Team):
1. The pronouncer announces the word to be spelled. He/She speaks distinctively, without distorting the normal pronunciation of the word. He/She uses the word in a sentence and says the word again.
2. The speller team listens carefully to the pronouncer. When the team is sure, they understand the word, they write it down in the sheet of paper provided.
3. The judge determines whether or not the word was spelled correctly.
4. The teams that win this round will be allowed to the next individual round.
Round 2 (Individual):
1. This round will have time constraint (2 minutes for each participant).
2. The pronouncer announces the word to be spelled. Once the speller is sure, he/she spells the word clear and audible. This goes on for the time limit mentioned above. The quicker the participant is in spelling the words, the more is his/her chances of winning.
3. All the words that are spelled in the time constraint will be monitored by the judge.
4. The winners from this round will move to the final round of the event.
TO BEE OR NOT TO BEE (The Six Word Story Competition):
What story can you tell us in six words? A Six-Word Story should provide a movement of conflict, action, and resolution that gives the sense of a complete story transpiring in a moment’s reading.
1. As the round suggests, only six words should be used to frame the story.
2. Time allotted: 20 minutes.
3. An on-spot theme will be given to the participants on the basis of which the tale is to be written.
4. The decision of the judge will be final and will not be subjected to any change.
5. Submissions should be on-spot, original and unpublished six-word stories.
Register at- http://goo.gl/forms/YOtb2FFp9K
Oliva Das: +918093142477
Sayantani Chaudhuri: +917873732326
contact no: +918093142477,